People are always asking me how we came up with the name Pinched Head for our company so I decided to set the record straight once and for all with an explainer video.
Explainers are a fun way to tell a story. They are short animated videos used primarily to promote a business, product or service in a simple, and compelling way.
There are a lot of animation tools on the market that make it easy to create these videos – I used VideoScribe by Sparkol for this one, but the tool is only a means to an end. There’s no guarantee you’ll have a great video when you are done.
Here are some tips to help you create a killer explainer video:
- The key to a great explainer video starts with a well-crafted script that is no longer than 90 seconds in length – who-ah I just made it with mine.
- It should focus on the benefits of your business, product or service.
- There IS room for humour (or humor if you are American). People love to be entertained.
- The quality of the voiceover is important – even more important than the visuals so use a professional if you can.
- Keep the action moving – keep changing things up to keep the video interesting.
- Include a clear call to action – oops I don’t have one in mine, but if you like what you see leave a comment.
Ok cool, now I have a call to action.
Continue Reading No Comments